DPS Leadership congratulates and welcomes new and returning school members to our seven-member Board of Education. This governing body is responsible for establishing policy for the more than 92,000 students and their families in Colorado’s largest school district.
These new and returning board members and the areas they were elected to represent:
- District 2: Southwest Denver — Xóchitl “Sochi” Gaytán (new)
- District 3: Central/East Denver — Carrie A. Olson (returning)
- District 4: Northeast Denver — Michelle Quattlebaum (new)
- At Large: Citywide — Scott Esserman (new)
These board members join the following already seated board members:
- Board member Scott Baldermann representing District 1: Southeast
- Board member Brad Laurvick representing District 5: Northwest
- Board member Tay Anderson representing the city at-large
“I sincerely welcome our four new board members and congratulate all of them on their election victories,” said Superintendent Alex Marrero. “I am excited about the opportunity to work alongside these leaders as we move forward and build on our efforts to ensure that Every Child Succeeds in Denver Public Schools.”
Learn more about the board, including 2021-22 board meeting dates, guidelines for addressing the board and how to watch meetings online on the board website.
We also want to express our gratitude to board member Angela Cobián for her service in representing Southwest Denver, board member and outgoing Vice President Jennifer Bacon for her service representing Northeast Denver, and board member Barbara O’Brien for her service representing the city at-large.