The teacher strike in Denver has ended. All DPS schools are open and operating on normal schedules and ECE classes will resume Friday, Feb. 15.

La huelga de maestros en Denver ha finalizado. Todas las escuelas de DPS están abiertas y las clases de precolar reanudarán el viernes, 15 de febrero.

تم إنهاء إضراب المدرّسين بدنفر. جميع مدارس دنفر العامة (DPS) مفتوحة وتعمل وفقًا للجداول الزمنية المعتادة

Cuộc đình công của giáo viên ở Denver đã kết thúc. Tất cả các trường của DPS đều mở cửa hoạt động theo lịch thông thường.

Shaqo-joojinta macallinka ee Denver way dhammaatay. Dhammaan dugsiyada DPS way furnaan doonaa oo waxay ku shaqayn doonaa jadwalkii caadiga ahaa.

በዴንቨር ውስጥ የመምህራን የሥራ ማቆም አድማ አብቅቷል። ሁሉም የDPS ት/ቤቶች ክፍት ሆነው በመደበኛ የጊዜ-ሰሌዳዎቻቸው የሚሠሩ ይሆናሉ።

डेनभरको शिक्षक हडताल अन्त्य भएको छ। सबै डिपिएस स्कूलहरू खुला छन् र नियमित तालिकामा चल्नेछन्

Забастовка учителей в Денвере закончилась.Все школы DPS открыты и работают по обычному расписанию.

ဒင္းဗားတြင္ ဆရာ/မမ်ား သပိတ္ေမွာက္ျခင္း ၿပီးဆံုးသြားပါၿပီ။ ဒင္းဗားအစိုးရေက်ာင္းမ်ားအားလံုးကို ဖြင့္လွစ္ထားၿပီး ပံုမွန္အခ်ိန္ဇယားမ်ားအတိုင္း လည္ပတ္ေနပါသည္။

La grève des enseignants à Denver est terminée.Toutes les écoles DPS sont ouvertes et fonctionnent suivant les horaires normaux.

Contacts: Community - 720-423-3054 |
Employees - 720-423-3900 |
Media - 720-448-3751 |
Safe2Tell - 1-877-542-7233

Update on Talks with DCTA

Sep. 25, 2018
 

Dear School Leaders and Educators,

As you heard from our communication last week, Amendment 73, also known as the Great Schools, Thriving Communities ballot initiative, is up for a statewide vote in November. Last night, DPS and the Denver Classroom Teachers Association (DCTA) met to discuss DPS’ proposal to add $36 million into teacher compensation if the amendment passes as well as what to do if the ballot initiative does not pass.

Under the DPS Proposal, the $36 million increase would be used to:

  • Simplify ProComp and put more dollars into salary building for all teachers.
  • Increase salary building for veteran teachers beyond year 14.
  • Increase starting salaries for all teachers to almost $50,000 and to almost $60,000 for our new teachers in our highest poverty schools.
  • Double the current incentive for all teachers in high-poverty schools to $5,000 a year.
  • Allow teachers on the traditional salary schedule to join ProComp.

If Amendment 73 does not pass, DPS is committed to honoring the five-year agreement that DPS and DCTA worked hard to reach last fall. Under that contract, teachers will receive an estimated 15% increase in compensation over a three-year period: 2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20.

In the negotiations last night, DCTA asked for a deeper breakdown of the 15% increase. We provided the following details about compensation increases for these three years, pursuant to the five-year DPS-DCTA contract that expires in 2022:

  • For 2017-18, educators received an average 6.05% increase in compensation. This included the $1,400 cost-of-living increase for all educators, ProComp base pay increases, the new $1,500 Title I incentive, and the increased contributions to PERA.
  • For 2018-19, educators in ProComp received an average 2.2% increase in base-pay increases from their ProComp base-building incentives (Professional Evaluation and PDUs). They also received a cost-of-living increase of 2.64%. The total average increase was therefore 4.84% before benefits (which is another .25%). This was higher than our non-licensed employees who received an average 3.4% increase.
  • For 2019-20, educators will receive the 2.2% average base-pay increase from their ProComp incentives as well as a cost-of-living increase, which is estimated to be 2.34%. That would result in a total increase of 4.54%.

We recognize that increased funding is still critical in order to further increase teacher pay. The Board of Education voted last week to make teacher compensation the largest investment from any additional money received from Amendment 73.

After DPS shared its proposal, DCTA did not offer any counter proposals but instead declared “impasse” — a term in the ProComp agreement that means the two sides are stuck and need the support of a mediator. The district has been advocating for mediation for some time and welcomes the opportunity to move the conversation forward faster and more productively with the support of a mediator.

We will continue to keep you updated regarding our conversations to improve our teacher compensation in DPS.

Best,
Tom