Have an upcoming event or opportunity to share with the DPS community? Want to share a success story about your school or department? Are you looking for a way to recognize a teacher, student or team member for their work?
Use our online submission form to let the DPS community share in the celebration! Schools, departments and DPS community members can submit announcements to be shared in DPS newsletters, social media and/or this website.
Important guidelines before you submit
- If your good news includes students, check with the school that the student(s) have a signed media consent form on file before submission.
- The principal of the school or director of the department should approve the announcement before being submitted.
- Third-party submissions need prior approval by the Communications Office.
- Indicate all audiences that you would like your message to be shared with. Based on your submission type and audience, we will determine the best channel to share your news.
Tips for a great submission
- Keep it to around 125 words and include important, need-to-know information (i.e. who, what, when, where, why and how).
- Put yourself in our readers’ shoes and share the details they need to know.
- Avoid jargon or technical language. These terms may be commonplace among your team but might not resonate with others. Spell out all acronyms.
- Include the first and last names of any DPS team members included.
Please note that we will try our best to include every submission received; however, not every submission is guaranteed to be published. Content submitted will be reviewed and edited for style, format and appropriateness.
Questions? Email email@example.com. Please do not contact DPS for a status update unless it has been more than five business days.