Resources for our parents, families and educators
Our thoughts are with Douglas County Schools as our state experiences another school tragedy.
We have compiled the following resources to help parents and educators talk about violence with children.
Below is a helpful handout in multiple languages for parents, families and educators.
- How to Talk to Kids About Gun Violence
- Helping Kids Understand Frightening Events
- Talking to Kids About Fear and Violence
- Managing Strong Emotional Reactions to Traumatic Events: Tips for Families and Teachers
- Mitigating Negative Psychological Effects of School Lockdowns: Brief Guidance for Schools
- School Violence Prevention: Brief Facts and Tips
- Anniversaries of Traumatic Events: Guidance for Educators
- Trauma: Brief Facts and Tips