We want every student to graduate from Denver Public Schools with the choices and tools to be successful in any path they choose. To support your student’s exploration, check out the list of upcoming events and resources that will help on their journey to career and college success.
- Black College Expos: Variety of Dates
- NACAC Virtual College Fair: Nov. 8
- DPS 8th Grade Career Fair: Dec. 8 (more information coming soon)
- DPS ICAP Days: Dec. 8, March 16 and April 13
Virtual CO College and University Events:
- Colorado School of Mines Virtual Preview: Oct. 31
- University of Denver Virtual Tours and Info Sessions: Nov. 2 – 6, Nov. 9 -13
- Adams State University Online Discover Day: Nov. 4 -7
- Fort Lewis Virtual Visits: Nov. 4-5, Nov. 11-12
- MSU Denver Spotlight Days: Nov. 5, Nov. 12, Nov. 19 and Dec. 3
- CU Denver Virtual Preview Days: Nov. 6 and Dec. 11
- University of Colorado Colorado Springs – Becoming a Mountain Lion: Nov. 6 and Nov. 16
- CSU Pueblo Discover Day: Nov. 7
- Colorado College General Information Sessions: Variety of Dates
- Colorado State University Information Sessions and Live Virtual Tours: Variety of Dates
- Discover United States Air Force Academy: Variety of Dates
- Regis University Info Sessions: Variety of Dates
- University of Colorado Boulder Virtual Visit Experiences: Variety of Dates
- University of Northern Colorado Virtual Visits: Occurs Daily
- Big Future: Read through profiles of careers and college majors
- College Access COVID-19 Updates: Updates from Colorado colleges and universities during Covid-19
- Concurrent Enrollment: Learn how to get free college credit while still in high school.
- Denver Scholarship Foundation: College prep and resource activities for 9 – 12 grades.
- Get Schooled: Get virtual help with college applications, financial aid, starting college and more.
- Guide to Paying for College: Discover the financial aid opportunities available to you.
- HBCU Resources: Historically Black College or University (HBCU) information, including how to apply.
- HSI Resources: Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) information and Colorado-area colleges and universities.
- Khan Academy: PSAT/SAT Readiness & Practice Exams. Build a personalized lesson plan for each student tailored to their strengths and challenge areas.
- Maia Learning: Use this tool for career and college exploration. It houses the interest inventories students take for ICAPs, resumes, and career exploration options. You can also learn more about colleges and filter by locations, majors, HBCUs and more.
- Preparation for Elementary School Families: Get involved early in your student’s progress towards graduation.
- Preparation for Middle School Families: Help your child create and maintain their ICAP.
- Preparation for High School Families: Explore opportunities available in DPS to increase career and college access to all students.
- Seal of Biliteracy: Learn more about the award given by DPS in recognition of students. who have attained proficien cy in two or more languages by high school graduation.
- YouUniversity: College video tours and career videos
Make sure to check with your student’s teacher or counselor for additional events and resources available through your school!